- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
- Whisk buttermilk, vinegar, vanilla, and food coloring in a small bowl to blend
- In electric mixer, beat sugar and butter until well fluffy, about 3 minutes
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until well blended after each addition.
- Beat in dry ingredients in 4 additions alternately with buttermilk mixture in 3 additions.
- Fill each cupcake cup evenly with the batter.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.