- Boil approximately 4 cups water in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir in the orzo and cook until orzo is al dente (about 7 minutes). Stir frequently.
- Drain the orzo through a strainer. Transfer to a large bowl and toss until orzo cools slightly.
- Set orzo aside to cool completely as you make the vinegrette.
- Mix the vinegar, lemon juice, honey, saly and pepper in a blender.
- With the blender running, gradually blend in the oil.
- Season the vinaigrette, to taste, with more salt and pepper.
- Toss the orzo with garbanzo beans, tomatoes, onion, basil, mint, and enough vinaigrette to coat.
- Season the salad, to taste, with salt & pepper.
- Serve salad at room temperature.