- Preheat oven to 450°F. Grease and flour 4 (6 oz.) ramekins. Set on a baking sheet.
- In a double boiler, or a metal bowl set over a pan of simmering water, melt the butter with the chocolate,
cream, and powdered sugar, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, vanilla, and salt until thick ribbons form, about 3 minutes.
- Sift the flour into the egg mixture and fold together.
- Fold the chocolate into the egg mixture.
- Divide among the prepared dishes and bake until the sides of the cake are set and the tops are puffed but still soft, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the ramekins for 2 minutes, then unmold onto plates.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.