- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, carrot and celery and sauté 3 minutes.
- Add 5 1/2 cups corn, rosemary and cayenne and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered until vegetables are tender and liquid is slightly reduced, about 30 minutes.
- Working in batches, purée soup in blender. Return soup to pot.
- Mix in half and half and remaining 2 cups corn.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add bell pepper and sauté until almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir bell pepper into soup.
- Bring soup to simmer. Ladle into bowls and serve.