- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a electric mixer bowl, add flour, sugar, butter, cocoa powder, baking soda, milk, and vanilla (everything except the eggs).
- Mix on low speed just until incorporated.
- Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, beat on high speed again for another 2 minutes.
- Fill each muffin cup evenly with the batter.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
- With electric mixer, beat butter until creamy.
- Add 5 cups powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add more sugar until you get the consistency you want (not too stiff so that its hard to pipe)
- With a piping bag and large star tip, frost the cooled cupcakes.
The frosting ingredients' portions in this recipe are more than enough to frost all the cupcakes. The frosting is sweet, so you can decrease the frosting recipe if desired.