- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt to blend.
- With an electric mixer, beat the sugar and butter in a large bowl to blend.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and beat just until blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into 2 8-inch long, 2-inch wide logs.
- Transfer the logs to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes until light golden.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Place the logs on a cutting board and with a serrated knife, cut the logs on a diagonal into 1/2 inch thich slices.
- Arrange the biscotti cut side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies until pale golden, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a rack and cool completely.